- 2019-09-16 On 16 September at 8.45 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius meets with the Armenian Foreign Minister
- 2019-09-16 On 16 September at 10.00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a ministers’ meeting
- 2019-09-16 On 16 September at 12.05 noon, the Minister Linas Linkevičius has a lunch with the Armenian Foreign Minister
- 2019-09-16 On 16 September at 1.30 p.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius attends a meeting of the Lithuanian State Defence Council
- 2019-09-16 On 16 September, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananavičius attends a meeting of the General Affairs Council in Brussels
EU involvement and support play important role in helping Moldova to keep on its European path, says L. Linkevičius in Brussels
On 15 July, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius participated in the Foreign Affairs Council in Brussels. Ministers discussed migration, the situation in Iraq, Iran, the Central African Republic, and Moldova.
During a discussion about Moldova with Nicolae Popescu, Minister for Foreign Affairs and European Integration of Moldova, Lithuania’s Foreign Minister L. Linkevičius welcomed the commitment of the Government of Moldova to keep on the path to European integration, and to continue efforts to implement the Association Agreement.
“It is important that the new coalition should succeed in achieving tangible results and rebuilding lost confidence in the state. In this light, the involvement of the EU, as well as political and financial support would help Moldova maintain the direction of European integration, and make important progress in its reforms,” said Lithuania’s Foreign Minister.
The Foreign Minister also called for continued technical and financial assistance to Moldova, but stressed that this would depend on the progress and irreversibility of its reforms.